Cask Store™ is the latest venture of our little beverage business called Future Bars™, which has a home base in the special City of San Francisco. The idea for Cask Store™ actually came about through listening to our guests and master bartenders at Bourbon & Branch™, our 1920’s speakeasy bar. Since opening, our guests have been treated to some mighty fine libations at The Branch and often ask if they could buy that bottle of rare bourbon or whisky to take home. The lingering grasp of Prohibition continues today in California, 75 years after Repeal, so it’s still not legal for bars to sell spirits to go. Many of our guests told us they were disappointed to fail in their local and online searches to locate those same rare bottles, tools and ingredients that we offered and mixed with at The Branch.
Our bartenders encountered similar challenges in locating high-quality barware. With the cocktail resurgence in full swing, each bartender had to guard their precious tools under lock and key as the only way to replace them would be to fly back to London, Paris or Berlin, or at least send the UPS man to pick them up. There are a handful of shops around that sell maybe a good Julep strainer, and another shop that sells a good muddler, and yet another that has a few mixing tins, but there is no one-stop-shop in existence that offers everything drinks related in a single location.
Cask Store™ is our ongoing journey to explore and satisfy these needs. We don’t offer every brand under the sun for the obvious reasons of product quality standards and marketing gone wrong. Instead, we have a focused beverage program offering the following superior quality products:
- the most sought after, rare and peculiar spirits;
- allocated small production wines;
- boutique craft bottled beers from around the world;
- barware from the Germans of Rösle, the Italians of Alessi, the Aussies of Uber Barware and even a few gadgets from the Americans;
- Books - for knowledge, over 150+ new book titles covering cocktails, wine, beer, whiskies and the beverage business and beyond; 20+ vintage cocktail books dating back to the 1880’s.
It is a journey. We hope you’ll join us now and then.
The Purveyors of Cask Store™